Thursday 10 December 2015

High Poly Unreal

Unreal

The last stage was to take it into unreal and present it as a final piece. Similar to how it may be portrayed within a game environment. This was an interesting task as I hadn't had any prior experience with unreal. I really liked the setup of the editor and I think I could come to enjoy this more than unity. However the view editor camera control does feel rather clunky but the precise transform control the program gives you more than makes up for it. The material editor is rather nice and is basically an in-built version of shader-forge from unity. I player around with the lights and set up a really basic scene as I didn't really have the time nor the memory space to produce any larger a unity file. I would like to come back to this program and experiment some more with this specially with the much stronger graphical opportunities that seem to be present within this editor program.


In hindsight I can really see that I had ample opportunity to improve much more on this model and I feel I could have provided a much more precise model. I think I should come back to this mask even if just as practice to try and create a more suitable environment and to explore texturing more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment