Wednesday 23 September 2015

Game Production - Concept

Although my set role is that of the game designer I still feel that I can contribute to the group in terms of artwork as well. In an effort to put across some ideas and general atmosphere to the team members and to help the concept artist in their development of the games look and palette.

I decided to try create a quick and rough concept of the entrance area of our level to try play around with scale, colours, environment and similar things. The end result was better than i thought would occur for such a short timeframe. I decided to try my hand at a bit of photo manipulation with the rocks as well as some more use of colour dodge. In the end this led to some nice lighting and I hope for the concept artist to take this further or if not I will try and develop some further ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment