Sunday 12 October 2014

Photoshop - Tentacles!

One of the Visual Design tasks this week was to create a tentacle creature. In order to do this I complied a mood board and took ideas from this into my initial sketches. Trying to get a feel for how to draw them in a way I was happy with. I then took my ideas and found one I believed to be a good starting point and recreated the sketch in Photoshop. Then I built upon the sketch in stages to achieve a final coloured piece.

Story time!

 The dark forests always have tales of horrific unknown creatures that live within them. Yet none are as disturbing as the great glomp. It sits within the roots of the giant trees and waits. By digging it's tentacles and maw underground it manages to disguise itself as just another mass of roots. Like this it waits for prey too pass by. When this occurs the tentacles launch out of the ground to maim or kill the victim and drag it back to its maw.

The Great Glomp



Stages










No comments:

Post a Comment