Tuesday 7 October 2014

Photoshop - Old Lady

The first visual design session of the year was related to Photoshop and the recreation of a piece done by an artist whose name I have forgotten and will research and find at a later date!

The recreation of this piece was an interesting experience for me. I usually get very precious over my line work and end up recreating lines multiple times.Yet whilst painting this I just used blocks of colours which I then molded into the correct shapes using the eraser tool. I had very light values during this piece and had to resort to curves and levels to try and darken it a bit more. Yet I think the painting still needs to be darker.

A major point for me to work on would be my use of colour. I tend to limit my value range a lot and am not confident enough in making different hues work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment