Wednesday 6 January 2016

Games Art - Initial Ideas

Approaching this project I had in mind that I wanted to try and do more than what the brief entails. The brief itself only really consists of making thumbnail sketches, a full concept piece, and a model sheet. I feel that I could try stretch myself further than this and incorporate skills from other areas.

Keeping this in mind I came up with the notion of an intractable environmental map. Presented within unity to make use of my coding knowledge to allow enable icons to show or direct the viewer to different pages which would present a concept of that area. Then an aspect of these areas would have a model sheet of it. For example, a forest scene with a wooden hut. Click on the hut and an expanded page with a hut model sheet on it would appear. Making a map of the world and then cities would give me a project that can be continued even after the hand-in date. And could make a very interesting portfolio style of a built world.

This project would then feature environments, characters, creatures, building, and cultures. However due to time I should aim to do one section to fulfill the brief first and then create further expansion when time allows or just hint at expansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment