Saturday 28 November 2015

High Poly Asset Zbrush

 Using zbrush was a rather interesting process for me to use. It has taken a while to get to grips with this program with problems related to the both the interface and the tools within the program. The movement/camera controls were a massive change from programs such as maya. Yet the more time I spent within this program the easier it got. To the point where the interface begins to actually feel smoother, its defiantly an interface designed to work with a tablet and this is something I can really appreciate.

Now enough about the program. The first thing I started implementing to the project in zbrush was to start experimenting with z-spheres. These spheres are a very good way to produce framework to base further modelling on top of. And considering the shape of the branches I have to produce they work superbly.

Once the base mesh is ready I simply have to change it to a poly 3d mesh and append it to the model. Then the use of alpha textures to get some nice bark/wood textures added onto the model and then some surface texture the mask itself. It was at this point I noticed some small changes had to be made around the mask itself. The brows needed a larger jut to them and some disks along the temples were needed.







No comments:

Post a Comment