Thursday 13 November 2014

Winter Project - Further Development 2

Moving on from the last set of developments I decided to start the creation of more ruins/islands for the level and to adjust it too a way that would allow a sense of flow rather than just a monotonous going up or straight on. After sketching out some more level development ideas I began to implement them.
I decieded a ladder might be a nice way of going up and that it could enter a ruined building from the side or below. This gives me two things. The first it lets the player advance towards the object in ways other than stairs and two it presents a challenge of coding which I can use to try and advance my coding knowledge.


I spent more time working on my Respawn code this evening. After spending the morning looking into tutorials I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong. So instead of editing a script I had found I started one from scratch. Pulling parts that I understood from other scripts. It was doing this that I began to understand how to get the script to do what I wanted it to do. Perhaps not the way I expected but it does what the initial goal was. Which was too act as a safety net to teleport the player back if they fall off. Or "respawn" them.


No comments:

Post a Comment