Friday 21 November 2014

Autodesk Maya - Winter Project

I wanted to create a better spawning point for my level. Instead of just starting in or near a big hall. Since I've learnt a lot more about modelling I also think I could make a better, more detailed and generally nicer mesh. So I decided to make an underground starting zone where you begin by a locked door and have to climb a spiral staircase out. This will allow me to explore making interiors more and to control the spawn area a bit more. I think I will try and make this area a lot more detailed and try and introduce new elements I have learned into it.

I moved onto creating an actual spawn/starting point for the level now. I thought just waking up in a corridor seemed like a bit of a plot hole and/or too convenient. So after a bit of debating i settled on creating a surgery/experimentation room where the player wakes up on the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment